Thursday, January 30, 2014

Wait, what time is it?!

So, suppose you stayed up really late last night watching makeup tutorials on youtube, and, suppose you didn't hear your alarm and overslept, and when your eyeballs finally pop open, you look at your clock and see you have fifteen minutes to get out your door if you want to make it to work on time....hypothetically.

Now, this is a totally unrealistic situation that didn't actually happen to me yesterday....ehehe....but it got me thinking that there are a lot of people in this world that might benefit(or at least find interesting) from some tips on how to get out the door faster...and be able to face the public.

But enough chit-chat, it's time to get down to the nitty gritty:

1- KNOW WHAT TO WEAR THE NIGHT BEFORE
Yeah, yeah. This sounds totally gradeschool, before your mom let you pick out your own clothes. But seriously, how awesome is it to get up in the morning and just be able to put your clothes on without standing in front of your closet for forty-five minutes wondering how you can buy so many outfits and somehow have nothing to wear. I don't do this every day, but if I know I'm going to have an early start the next day, or if I've been having trouble getting up with my alarm lately, I definitely have to choose my outfit the night before. It just saves me sooooo much time!

2- SKIP THE ELABORATE BREAKFAST
Before you have a cow, let me explain. I'm not saying skip breakfast(never EVER do that!) but you may not want to break out the eggs and pancakes. A great alternative would be cereal, or a protein bar, or maybe toaster waffles(don't judge. They're good.) My personal go-to quick breakfast is a smoothie, which only takes about eight minutes, and I can carry it around with me while I do other stuff to get ready.
If you need a healthier option than cereal or toaster waffles, you may want to find some on-the-go breakfast recipes, and spend a day making them. Then you can pop them in the freezer and just pull one out when you need it.

3-TONE DOWN YOUR FACE
This was a hard one for me. The busier my life got, the less makeup I wore, and I wasn't happy. When I started wearing makeup, I was all "YAY! Cover up my whole face!" But not only is that really bad for your skin if you do it every day, it takes a WHOLE lot of time to do. The fastest full face makeup I've ever done(including foundation) has been fifteen minutes...and remember, we only have fifteen minutes total to eat, get ready and get out the door.
anywho, youtube is great for finding "natural" or "school" makeup tutorials, both of which basically mean minimal and fast. Yesterday I did my hair and makeup in five minutes. Embrace the facial nudity!

4-SHOWER THE NIGHT BEFORE
Pretty self-sxplainitory. If you get in the habit of taking showers the night before, you will always have clean hair the next day, and you won't have to worry about looking like a grease ball...because that is NOT cute. At all.

5-DON'T FREAK OUT!
Seriously. You're not going to get anything done if you're running around like a chicken with it's head cut off freaking out because you over slept. Just calm down and do what you can. If all else fails, call your boss and tell them you'll be late. You will never get in trouble for giving them warning.

Now that you know how to get ready in a short time span, you can feel free to get your beauty sleep! But the best way to get everything done is to NOT over-sleep, like I did. Wait, what? This was a hypothetical situation, that wasn't me! Uh....yeah.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment