Friday, May 9, 2014

April 2014 Ipsy Glam Bag Review

Hey guys! April's Ipsy review is a little late(I should be revieving May's bag any day now!) but I wasn't sure of my opinion on a couple of the products I received, and I wanted to give them all a good try before posting my review. BUT I have had time to try all the products I got in my April bag, and I'm ready to give my opinion! :)

April's Glam Bag theme was Rockstar glam, so the bag looked like a turntable. That was awesome, I must say! Also, before I dive into the product review, I have to mention that the ipsy bags are really great! The designs are cute and the bags themselves are nice quality! On top of that they're a great size for slipping in your bag or suit case for easy travel usage! Bonus!

Swatch of the lip balm
Anyway, on to business. My first product was the Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in the color "Acid Pink". This stuff retails for $19, and I must say, they weren't fooling around when they named that color! It's pink alright! The color pay-off is frankly fabulous, and once you put it on your lips, it stays 'till you take it off. I also thought the packaging was really cute and creative. The pot of balm is at the bottom, and then the lid has a brush applicator hidden in the handle! I'm not one for lipsticks myself, but if lip colors are your thing, this is definitely a product to check out! I must say, though, that $19 seems a little steep for a lipstick.

The next item on the list is called "Looks so natural" Kiss Lashes. "Kiss Lashes" is the brand name, and "Looks so natural" is the style name. They're falsies, in case you couldn't guess ;) Now, my first impression for these was "But I don't wear false lashes!" Seriously, guys. I've never warn false lashes in my life. I don't even really know how to apply them. I have been wanting to try them, though. Not for everyday use....the lashes God gave me generally suffice....but for a play/stage makeup, or a costume of some kind, I could see me needing a little help in the lash department. I haven't had to use this product yet so I can't give my personal opinion, but I like the way they look and I've heard good things from other reviews! On top of that they retail for only $3.99! I think that's about as inexpensive as you can get and still get quality lashes.

so pretty!!!
Up next was something called City Color Mousse Shadow in the color "White Gold". This little gem of a product retails for $3.99, and, c'mon guys. The packaging is totes adorbs. I have this thing about makeup in little pots, and this mousse eyeshadow comes in a little pot! Right there I fell in love with it. But more importantly, the shadow itself is very well-made, and a little shadow goes a long way....which is awesome because there is a LOT of product. This stuff is legit magic. It's white in the pot, but as you apply it, it goes on gold. I don't know how it works, but it's sooooo cool you guys! I must say I would definitely recommend this product. It's well made with great color pay-off, but it's also quite a bit cheaper than any other brand of mousse shadow I've seen, even at the drug store. As of now, the brand is only selling their mousse shadow in this color, but they plan to expand the line soon.
Swatch of mousse shadow

Swatch of Eyeliner
The next product is an eyeliner....but not just any eyeliner...Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eye pencil in "Black Velvet". Anyone who watched makeup tutorials on youtube knows this product. Urban Decay eyeliners usually retail for around" $20 in places like ULTA and Sephora, so that right there makes me not want to recommend it. No eyeliner is worth twenty bucks....even if it is heaven in a pencil. Cuz legit, you guys. This is the smoothest, creamiest eyeliner I've ever used! I've heard a lot of good things about this eyeliner from all the youtube makeup gurus, and I'd been wanting to try it for some time, so I was extremely excited when I opened my glam bag and saw that I got the Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner! It doesn't budge, and it goes on matte. Even though I'm not crazy about the price, I can say that if you are wanting to try a high-end eyeliner, but don't want to pay the big bucks for it, try the Urban Decay eyeliners. They're high-end quality for middle road prices.

Finally, I got the Benefit lollitint lip and cheek stain in the color "Candy Orchid". The lollitint was the sample size product for the month of April. The bottle is so cute and tiny, and the applicator looks like nail polish. To apply you just dot the color on your lips or cheeks and then blend into your skin. The color pay-off is pretty great and, as it's a stain, it blends easily while wet, and doesn't budge once dry. I would like to say I can totally recommend the Benefit lollitint lip and cheek stain, but I looked up the full size bottle, and, while the full size bottle is quite large, the price tag is also quite large. The Benefit lollitint lip and cheek stain retails for $30.....for blush. Eh, yeah it's a great product, but it's not THAT much better than regular drugstore blushes.

And that just about wraps it up for April's Ipsy Glam Bag product review! Join me on ipsy and subscribe to the Glam Bag! You get 4-5 beauty products every month delivered to your door, for just $10. Michelle Phan curates the bags! Check it out here: http://www.ipsy.com/r/7m3t








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment